URINARY TRACT INFECTION
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is the most common type of infection in the body which affects millions of people every year. Urinary tract infection involves infection in the urinary tract which includes kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra. These are the organs through which the urine passes and is then is eliminated from the body. Men and women both are affected by urinary tract infections but it is most common in women due to the short passage of the urethra. Reasons for it are not clearly understood. The infection usually originates in an ascending pattern that is it begins from the urethra and then moves upwards to the bladder and other urinary tract parts. People suffering from UTI many times ignore their symptoms which leads to a progression of the disease as once the infection reaches up to kidneys, it becomes complicated so it is important to look after UTI even if mild symptoms appear
What causes UTI?
- The most common bacteria involved in UTI is E-coli present in the bowel and around the anus.
- Lack of water intake
- Alcohol consumption
- High caffeine intake
- Using unhygienic washrooms
- Women using certain types of birth control such as diaphragms are at higher risk.
- Women who are sexually active are more prone to UTI.
- Urinary tract abnormality
- Kidney stone
- Suppressed immune system
- Using catheters in an unsterilized manner.
- Persistent urge to urinate
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Passing less amount of urine
- Turbid and foul-smelling urine
- There could be the presence of blood in the urine
- Pelvic pain
- Abdominal pain
- Body pain
According to ayurveda
In Ayurveda all urinary tract infections are explained under mutrakricchra disease in which all kidneys disorders are explained, mutrakricchra means painful voiding of urine which is mainly due to imbalance of pitta dosha
Causes as per ayurveda
- Food items that are responsible for pitta imbalance are hot, spicy, and sour food
- Drinking alcohol
- Suppressing the urge to urinate
- Exposure to sunlight and heat for a long duration
- Drinking less water
All these factors lead to vitiation of pitta which then becomes the reason for urine infection.
It is investigated through symptoms and urine analysis
Complete urine analysis and urine culture is done, pus cells and microbes are basically checked for infections
In some cases, an imaging test such as voiding cystourethrogram is also conducted
MANAGEMENT OF URINARY TRACT INFECTION
Ayurveda says that the key to every treatment is when we stop getting exposed to the risk factors, changing the etiological factor called nidana parivarjana is the first basic step towards betterment it includes diet changes and lifestyle changes.
- Drink plenty of water
- Drink fresh fruit juices, coconut water
- Drink green tea or herbal tea
- Add healthy spices to your diet such as fennel, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger.
- Consume food that is rich in fiber
- Stop consuming alcohol
- Avoid dehydration
- Limit caffeine intake
- Do not add spices such as red chilies, green chilies to your diet
- Avoid sugar-rich drinks or food
- Do not consume hot, sour, spicy, or fried food
- Avoid citrus fruits
Life style changes
- Maintain hygiene
- Safe sexual practices
- Use pads instead of tampons during menses
- Wear loose clothes
- Wear cotton stuff undergarments for better hygiene
- Do not suppress urine urge
- Restrict exposure to sun and hot environment
- Kegel exercise to strengthen the pelvic muscle
- Practice yoga to strengthen pelvic muscle and boost immunity
- Meditate to balance your dosha and control your mind
- Avoid consuming junk food
- pee safely by taking proper precautions in unhygienic places
MANAGEMENT USING HERBS
No doubt diet changes and lifestyle changes cure the UTI problem but not from the root cause and for this, it is always suggested to take herbal medicines that will definitely cure UTI of its root cause .in Ayurveda there are so many herbs available few of them are mentioned below –
- Varuna – Varuna is the best lithophytic herb and is very helpful in treating crystalluria and urolithiasis. It has the ability to cure kidney stones and remove infections from the urinary tract .it is also a very effective anti-inflammatory.
- Pashanbheda – this plant is recognized for its role in dissolving kidney stones .it is a diuretic in nature that removes toxins from the urine
- Gokshura – is very beneficial in curing urinary diseases and kidney stones. It has a cleansing effect on the urinary bladder and helps in regulating the functioning of the urinary system.
- Punarnava – it plays a key role in treating kidney disorders, it has anti-spasmodic, anti-bacterial properties that help to prevent bacterial infections in the urinary tract.
- Dhaniya –it is having diuretic properties, detoxify various toxins.
- Yavakshar – is used in the treatment of difficulty in urination and urinary calculi.
- Shilajit – it removes excess fluid from the body and has an anti-inflammatory action on the body and also works as an analgesic.
These are the few herbs beneficial for treating urinary tract infections effectively, and a combination of these herbs shows wonderful results and breaks the loop of recurrent UTI. Ayurveda Yogashram provides combination of these herbs which is showing great results in curing the disease of its root cause. our all products are purely herbal and approved by the government of India, all the herbs added in our products are mentioned on its label so that our patients have a clear vision of what they are consuming, it is 100% safe with zero side effects. for more information
Urinary Tract Infection Kit
- Alpha Care Capsules – Quantity – 90 (1-1-1)
- Az-Eve Capsules – Quantity – 90 (1-1-1)
- Shilajit Capsules – Quantity – 60 (1-0-1)